Processing of personal data by Nor Seafoods AS
Nor Seafoods AS will process personal data about you as a customer. Below you will find information about the personal data that are collected, why we do this and your rights in connection with the processing of the personal data.
The data controller for the personal data we process is Nor Seafoods AS represented by Inge Kristian Hansen. The contact information for Nor Seafoods AS is as follows:
- Organisation number: 979 557 272
If you have any questions regarding how we process your personal data, feel free to contact Nor Seafoods AS.
We collect and use your personal data for different purposes depending on who you are and how we came into contact with you. We collect the following personal data for the purposes listed below:
1. To maintain our register of customers and suppliers and respond to enquiries we receive: Company name, name of contact person(s), address(es), phone number, email address, organisation number and any other contact information and personal data that may result from an enquiry. The processing of personal data is based on weighing of interests and performance of contracts. We deem it necessary in order to maintain contact with customers and suppliers in connection with product enquiries, tender processes, logistics, complaints etc.
2. To carry out credit checks: Company name, organisation number, credit risk. The processing of personal data is based on a weighing of interests. We deem it necessary in order to secure our financial obligations in relation to owners and customers and conduct business in a responsible manner.
3. To send marketing material, newsletters and provide information about our business: email address, name. We process your data on the basis of an existing customer relationship.
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties unless it is absolutely necessary or there is legal basis for such disclosure. Examples of legal bases include disclosure based on an agreement with you or cases where we are required by law to disclose information.
By necessary is meant:
· It will normally be necessary to share personal data with forwarders, charterers and public authorities/customs authorities. This also applies if the customer is located in a country outside the EU/EEA, and in any transit countries. We always seek to minimise such sharing, however.
We use the EU's standard contractual clauses for data transfers when transferring personal data to customers, forwarders, charterers or customs authorities in non-EU countries (read more here:).
We store your personal data as long as necessary for the purpose for which your personal data were collected in the first place. Data relating to our customer register and customer relationships will be stored at least for the duration of the customer relationship. It may be necessary to store data for longer to be able to safeguard the customers’ right of complaint and guarantees. In such cases, the data will be stored for as long as the products and/or services provided are intended to last. Personal data processed by us for the performance of a contract with you will be deleted once the contract has been fulfilled and all contractual obligations have been performed. We will also store your data for longer if we believe that a new customer relationship could be established within five (5) years.
If you withdraw your consent to us storing the data at any time, the information will be erased and a copy provided if you so wish.
We are obliged under Norwegian accounting legislation to store certain accounting documents for a specified period. When a specific purpose requires storage for a given period, we ensure that the personal data are used exclusively for that purpose during the period in question. An example of such a purpose is the obligation to store export documents (customs documents) for a period of ten years.
You have the right to demand access to, correction or erasure of personal data about you that we process. Furthermore, you have the right to request restricted processing, object to the data processing and request the right to data portability. You can read more about these rights on the Norwegian Data Protection Authority’s website: .
Contact Nor Seafoods AS to exercise your rights. We will reply to your enquiry as soon as possible, and within 30 days at the latest.
We will ask you to confirm your identity or provide further information before allowing you to exercise your rights in relation to us. We do so to ensure that we only grant access to your personal data to you, and not to someone pretending to be you.
You can withdraw your consent to your personal data being processed by us at any time. The easiest way to do so is by contacting Nor Seafoods AS.
If you believe that our personal data processing is inconsistent with what is described above or that we are otherwise in breach of the data protection legislation, you can file a complaint with the Norwegian Data Protection Authority.
You will find more information about how to contact the Norwegian Data Protection Authority on its website: .
Any changes to our services or the regulatory framework governing the processing of personal data may result in changes to the information provided here. If we have your contact details, we will notify you of any such changes. Updated information will otherwise always be readily available on our website.